We’ve complied a list of the wisest words about eLearning to inspire, motivate and promote the significance of online education and advancing opportunities.
For the creative thinkers and long term learners, we hope these quotes spur inspiration and enthusiasm, and remind you of the amazing, innovative possibilities of continuous learning and education.
1. “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
2. “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
3. “The quickest way to become an old dog is to stop learning new tricks.” – John Rooney
4. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” – Isaac Asimov
5. “Our future growth relies on competitiveness and innovation, skills and productivity. These in turn rely on the education of our people.” – Julia Gillard
6. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “In order to create an engaging learning experience, the role of instructor is optional, but the role of learner is essential.” – Bernard Bull
8. “One of the most important areas we can develop as professionals is competence in accessing and sharing knowledge.”- Connie Malamed
9. “To learn something new is a timeless pleasure and a valuable treasure.” – C. JoyBell C.
10. “Content precedes design. Design in the absence of content is not design, it’s decoration.” – Jeffrey Zeldman
11. “The greatest enemy of learning is knowing.” – John Maxwell
12. “You can’t teach people everything they need to know. The best you can do is position them where they can find what they need to know when they need to know it.”- Seymour Papert
13. The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler
14. “The more that you read, the more thing you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
15. “Man’s Mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
16. “Online learning is not the next big thing, it is the now big thing.”- Donna J. Abernathy
17. Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” – Tony Schwartz
19. “Learning experiences are like journeys. The journey starts where the learning is now, and ends when the learner is successful. The end of the journey isn’t knowing more, it’s doing more.” – Julie Dirksen
20. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
21. “Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision-making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” – William Pollard
22. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs