Did you know having a National Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate allows you to work across multiple states?
That’s right! Completing your National RSA training online makes it valid for you to work in Queensland, Northern Territory, South Australia and Western Australia.
Best of all, it can be completed without you having to leave the house! etrainu have made it easy for you to receive the training you need. Our friendly and qualified professionals are also here to help you every step of the way!
Below we’ve outlined a few steps to help you get started!
1) WHY DO I NEED TO DO A NATIONAL RSA ONLINE COURSE?
If you’re working with or around alcohol, it’s a legal requirement that you hold a National Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate issued by an approved Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Basically, you will need a National RSA Certificate if you are a:
- Bartender or Glass Collector
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Room Service or Flight Attendant
- Floor Staff Member & Manager in a Licensed Venue
- Workers at clubs, societies, hotels, cafes, restaurants etc.
- Security staff in licensed premises or event
- Volunteer or worker at licensed area at an event or festival
A RSA Certificate therefore, applies to any workplace where alcohol is served and sold, including all types of hospitality venues, retail liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
2) WHY IS THE NATIONAL RSA NOT VALID IN NSW, VIC or TAS?
At etrainu, our National RSA course follows The Queensland Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation’s (QLD OLGR) current legislation, which states that training must include specific information about penalties and provisions that apply in Queensland for various offences against the Liquor Act for all its online RSA courses.
But don’t let this confuse you. Even though it’s Queensland legislation, it is valid nationally (QLD, NT, WA & SA).
National RSA training involves viewing video content showing role play situations relating to refusal of service and assisting intoxicated persons. Whereas for New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania, legislation states that RSA courses must include face-to-face training in most instances
3) WHAT WILL I LEARN WHILE COMPLETING A NATIONALLY APPROVED RSA COURSE?
The course covers all of the essential skills, such as drink preparation, maintaining a safe environment, and serving responsibly.
It also covers rules and regulations. You probably let out a groan reading that. These rules and regulations are designed to PROTECT you and the customers from any potential harm or from breaking any laws that could see you paying a hefty fine.
Here are the key areas you will learn about:
- Identify customers to whom service should be refused
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assist alcohol affected customers
4) HOW LONG WILL THE RSA LAST?
No matter what date you complete your RSA online training with etrainu, it will NOT expire and will always remain valid! Our national RSA (valid in QLD, SA, WA and NT) is nationally accredited and approved, therefore once received you will never need to renew.
So what’re you waiting for? Get qualified and enrol in our nationally accredited online RSA training course today!