If you’re reading this, you must be a little curious about getting your RSA? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Completing online RSA training is easier than you think!
At etrainu, we’ve designed a fully-accredited RSA training course that’s completely online and very flexible, so it can easily fit around the busiest of schedules! Guess what the best part is? You’ll be instantly qualified to work upon completion.
Let’s clear up a couple of things before you get started, shall we?
1) TO WORK WITH ALCOHOL QLD, DO I REALLY NEED AN RSA CERTIFICATE?
It’s actually a legal requirement that you hold a Nationally Recognised Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate issued by an approved Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to work in a bar or around alcohol.
Basically, if you serve, prepare, sell, stock or provide samples of alcoholic beverages, you will need to be holding a current RSA certificate.
So, you will need an RSA if you are a:
- Bartender or Glass Collector
- Food & Beverage Attendant
- Room Service or Flight Attendant
- Floor Staff Member & Manager in a Licensed Venue
- Workers at clubs, societies, hotels, cafes, restaurants etc.
- Security staff in licensed premises or event
A RSA certificate therefore, applies to any workplace where alcohol is served and sold, including all types of hospitality venues, retail liquor outlets and wineries, breweries and distilleries.
2) WHY DO I NEED TO COMPLETE TRAINING TO RECIEVE AN RSA?
Basically, to make sure you are equipped with the right skills and knowledge to act lawfully and not putting you or anyone in any danger.
Our online RSA training course teaches you all the fundamental skills to ensure you are serving alcohol responsibly. These skills will be very useful when identifying when a customer has reached their drinking limits.
You will also be educated in current legislation to make sure you don’t do anything that results in a hefty fine.
The best part about doing your course with us is the help you can receive from our friendly and qualified trainers! You’re never alone, as they are here to help every step of the way!
3) WHAT WILL I LEARN THROUGHOUT THE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE?
You will learn a whole range of skills – everything from drink preparation all the way through to the current workplace health and safety. There are also many rules and regulations that you will become familiar with which – while not extremely exciting – will protect you from breaking any laws or putting anyone in any immediate danger.
In summary, you will learn how to:
- Identify customers to whom service should be refused
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assist alcohol affected customers
4) I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE, AM I STILL ELIGIBLE TO ENROL IN RSA TRAINING?
No previous experience? No worries! Our course is designed for you.
So what are you waiting for? Enrol in our online RSA training course today!