Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 1: Introduction to and Definitions of Governance
Understand the key elements of governance in Australia.
An introduction to the key elements of governance and its regulation in Australia.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Define and understand the key elements of governance
- Understand the importance of governance
- Understand the regulation of governance in Australia
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 1 provides an introduction to governance, highlighting key definitions and an understanding of regulations of governance in Australia.