Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 2: Why is Governance Important?
Understand the importance of governance and the duties of those who govern.
A deeper understanding of governance, why it is important and how it is done well.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify key elements of good governance
- Understand the structure of the board
- Understand the roles and duties of directors and officers
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 2 provides a deeper understanding of the importance of governance, the roles and duties of those who govern, and the key elements that make up good governance.