Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 3: The Function of the Board
Understand the significance of the board of governance and the duties and responsibilities of board members.
An in-depth look at the functions of the board of governance; how it works and who is involved.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the functions of the board
- Identify the roles and duties of directors and officers
- Understand the responsibilities of the board
- Understand the creation of constitutions
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 3 provides an outline and understanding of the board of governance. This includes an explanation of duties and responsibilities of board members and their role in shaping governance.