Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 5: Financial Management
Understand financial management and financial responsibilities of the board.
Examine key elements of financial management and reporting.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key items within financial statements and the policy issues which affect reporting
- Understand key responsibilities for directors and officers with regard to financial reporting
- Practice reporting to satisfy funding requirements and meet stakeholder needs
- Understand the financial responsibilities with regard to statutory reporting
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 5 outlines the role of the board in financial management. Examine the key elements of financial statements and reporting and explore ways of reporting to satisfy funding requirements and stakeholder needs.