Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 6: Meetings and Current Issues
Examine the format and purpose of board meetings and learn how to host an effective and productive meeting.
An outline of the various types of board meetings and their functions and processes.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify different types and functions of meetings
- Define the content and significance of minutes
- Understand what makes an effective meeting
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 6 outlines the format and purpose of board meetings, identifies the different types of meetings that take place and examines how to host an effective and productive meeting.