Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Module 7: The Board Performance Assessment
Understand the importance and potential outcomes of assessing board performance.
An outline of the principles behind conducting board assessments and potential outcomes.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understanding the six principles of assessment
- Recognise comparisons, standards and benchmarks for assessment
- Recognise potential outcomes of assessing board performance
This module is presented by the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA). The GIA is the only independent professional association with a sole focus on whole-of-organisation governance. The GIA’s online knowledge resources provide a wealth of guidance on how to think through and manage particular governance issues. Module 7 explains the importance of board assessment and outlines the six principles of assessment.