Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Starter Pack
An introduction to governance, its importance, and the role of the board.
1 hour 30 minutes
An introduction to governance and the role of the board.
- Board members for sports organisations
- Committee members for sports organisations
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Define and understand the key elements of governance
- Understand the importance and key elements of governance
- Understand the regulation of governance in Australia
- Understand the structure and functions of the board
- Understand the roles and duties of directors and officers
- Understand the creation of constitutions
The Working in Sport Essentials (WISE) Starter Pack is ideal for individual committee members wanting a basic understanding of governance its importance. The pack features Modules 1-3. Module 1: Introduction to and Definitions of Governance provides an introduction to governance, highlighting key definitions and an understanding of regulations of governance in Australia. Module 2: Why is Governance Important? provides a deeper understanding of the importance of governance, the roles and duties of those who govern, and the key elements that make up good governance. Module 3: The Functions of the Board provides an outline and understanding of the board of governance. This includes an explanation of duties and responsibilities of board members and their role in shaping governance.