An introduction to the history and technical aspects of bartending.
An overview of the important aspects of bartending including its history and the attributes of a skilled bartender.
- Hospitality Workers
- Restaurant Employees
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Use bar terminology correctly
- Understand the history of bartending
- Understand the skills required to be a bartender
- Follow the rules and legislation of liquor compliance
- Move efficiently and effectively behind the bar
- Understand bar etiquette
Bar Essentials provides an overview of important aspects of bartending including its history and the attributes of a skilled bartender. The course highlights the importance of bar etiquette, mise en place, and the guest or customer experience and explains bar terminology. You will also learn about liquor compliance, different styles of bars and how to move efficiently and effectively behind the bar. This course is recommended to bartenders, hospitality workers and restaurant employees.